Studio Dubbeld is a woodworker's making space situated on 2400m² of land, 5 minutes from Townsville city. With a large range of tooling and experience, we can help you create any woodworking project. There are four main areas.
- The hanger, which is 360m² contains the larger equipment:
- 2x panel saws
- Wide belt Sander
- Chisel mortiser
- Spindle moulder
- The Studio, which is 85m² and includes;
- 7 large work benches
- Large range of hand tools
- Drill Press
- Belt Sander
- Router bench
- Hand power tools including;
- Domino machines
- An undercover outdoor work area around 30m² which includes:
- Wood lathe
- Drop Saw
- Bandsaw Resaw (not for student use )
- 1x large bench
- 3m clamp rack
- Our Tool store and Reception occupies the front 50m2 of the ground level of the hanger. Within this space you will find:
- Woodworking Tools
- Woodworking Consumables
We are blessed to operate from a building of such historical significance in Townsville. The igloo shaped building (or hanger) is actually a Quonset hut built by the Americans in World War 2 and, according to local knowledge it was used as a shed to service amphibious vehicles and marine craft. The studio is an old grain storage shed and apparently the first cast concrete building in Townsville.
About Joel Dubbeld
About Aden Tranter ( The apprentice )
After building a desk, he had alot of other projects he wanted to do. Slowly starting coming more and more and helping out when he could.
Mid 2018 we made the choice to take Aden on as an apprentice.
Aden also wrote our booking system as his background was in IT/Software development before coming onboard with us.
He still works for a small number of clients working on software.