Cup Carving – Saturday 20th March
G’day everyone, On this 1 day course I will take you on a relaxed foray into the world of hand carved coffee mugs. Traditionally known as Kuksas by pre Scandinavian cultures, these big chunky vessels were carved from the burl of a silver birch tree. For our interpretation, we will use local NQ timbers that are silky smooth and a treat to carve with razor sharp tools. Once you start with the gouge it will be hard to stop!! Get excited for this one!
STARTS AT 9:00 AND FINISHES WITH BEERS/WINE AT 4:30 WORKSHOP OUTLINE
- Coffee and chat about what people have come to acchieve and prior experience with woodworking/carving.
- Show examples of timber avaible, properties/benifits of each. CHOOSE YOUR TIMBER
- How to read the grain ( diagrams and demostrantions )
- Overview of tools + saftey
- Show Cup examples + purposes of each
- Sketch designs
- START CARVING.
ONLY 12 SPOTS!