Spoon Carving – Saturday 4th March
OSKA, OUR GO-TO SPOON MAKER – IS INTRODUCING YOU TO THE WORLD OF SPOON CARVING! ALL TIMBER IS UNIQUE AND VALUABLE. WE USE QUALITY OFFCUTS THAT WOULD OTHERWISE GO TO WASTE. I SPECIALISE IN CREATING EVERYDAY ITEMS THAT ARE BOTH FUNCTIONAL AND BEAUTIFUL.
MY TECHNIQUES FOCUS ON USING TRADITIONAL HAND TOOLS. COME ALONG TO MY FULL-DAY COURSE IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN CREATING A ONE-OF-A-KIND SPOON!
STARTS AT 9:00 AND FINISHES WITH BEERS/WINE AT 4:30
- Coffee and chat about what people have come to achieve and prior experience with woodworking/carving.
- Show examples of timber available, properties/benefits of each. CHOOSE YOUR TIMBER
- How to read the grain ( diagrams and demonstrations )
- Overview of tools + safety
- Show spoon examples + purposes of each
- Sketch designs
- START CARVING.
ONLY 12 SPOTS!